It wasn’t that long ago when wired components were your only choice when designing a home security system. You could forget about positioning a and indoor camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the development of wireless technology. You now have a wealth of extra advantages at your disposal -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Manhattan will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
If you want to enjoy everything wireless security has to offer, you’ll need a suitable internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a capable wireless router, you’re in a good position for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for options that have battery and cellular backups at hand to keep you connected to your monitoring specialists without interruption.
In the event you live in a more rural area without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will likely be a wiser option. Or It may also be to your advantage financially to choose the traditional route if you relocate to a home that has security wiring already in place.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Manhattan will elevate the safety of your property, which is the main purpose to begin with. However, if you welcome the possibility of using the most current tech, check out the following advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to everything in your residence from your lighting to your surveillance cameras from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You can see camera footage, turn on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you neglected to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency comes up, you are able to have alerts dispatched directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the countless wires, drywall damage, and time-consuming installs. One of the best aspects of wireless components is that you are able to place them virtually in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on sometime in the future with the latest equipment, bringing devices into your configuration is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices a reality with speedy, bi-directional communications. You may direct your devices to perform a function in specified scenarios to increase your protection and deter break-ins. For instance, if your outdoor surveillance discerns unusual disturbances on your property, it can instantly signal your interior lights to activate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Manhattan
Even though wireless home security systems in Manhattan have shown to be a good choice, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about installing one. Here are a few of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components might stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically should be placed within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to boost your versatility.
- Comparable to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of being hacked is relevant. You can do things to prevent this by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default configurations, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only install security devices with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the current advancements in Manhattan wireless home security? Contact us at (212) 553-6589 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the perfect package for your property.