Modern smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still neglect to complete simple security chores like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Manhattan, you can just leave the house and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Manhattan For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your property, which you may customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto the same network. You can draw a unique boundary on all sides of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your property, you may program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Manhattan. When accessing the mobile app, you can reap the benefits of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the fan if a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system detects abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for TV night with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Manhattan
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (212) 553-6589 or submit the following form to start designing your perfect security system.