How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Manhattan
Home security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are armed with a number of features all designed to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these tools enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Manhattan.
How To Set Up Your Manhattan Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your video surveillance at the ideal locations around your residence is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to have a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear view of your patio, front walk, and patio, shed, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your family needs to be a major concern prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device layout is only the beginning in getting the most out of home security cameras in Manhattan. The innovations listed below help to maximize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your mobile device the instant strange motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start recording when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the camera. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture footage of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Manhattan is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (212) 553-6589 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.