Will Home Security Signs Deter Intrusion In Manhattan?
There's a common myth that installing signage from a home security company by your home’s entrance is the only thing required to prevent criminal activity. In essence, a robber is supposed to view "Protected By ADT'' and go on past. Therefore, would it make sense to only implement a home security sign in Manhattan and not worry about installing a home security system? This means that a security system isn’t needed, all you need is a home security sign in Manhattan. It’s the home security sign that deters intrusion in Manhattan not the security system.
While there is merit in displaying signage from respected security companies like ADT®, it’s not all you need to turn away career criminals. You’ll be in a much better position guarding your home with some actual security measures. It seems like a safer alternative than simply assuming that your home security signs will deter intrusion in Manhattan.
Reinforce Your Manhattan Home Security Signs With Actual Protection
Even though home security signs might deter intrusion at times, it’s not wise to depend on them as your only form of protection. Alternatively, consider implementing some, if not all of the ensuing components:
● Video cameras: Not surprisingly, thieves don’t want to be caught by your camera as it could be used against them in a legal matter. You should install an outside camera that oversees main areas of entry like your windows, doors, and garage.
● Sensors for access points: A great number of burglars gain access via your front door, back door, and windows, so you need to have them secured by motion and glass break sensors. If an alarm trips, your security system will alert you and your 24.7 monitoring team.
● Motion-sensor floodlights: Although it’s the truth that numerous break-ins happen during the day when individuals are working, you must also have a plan to protect against burglars who wait until dark. Lights with motion-detection capability located near your access points will instantly illuminate questionable activity and frighten off unwanted guests.
● Smart entry locks and doorbell video: Smart locking systems will notify you whenever an individual makes an effort to unlock or open your entrance. A video doorbell takes it one step further by providing real-time footage. Both can be accessed by your mobile security app.
● Smart light bulbs: A great home automation device, smart light bulbs may be put on a daily plan or activated right from your phone. Smart lights are intended to make it appear that you are home and help deter burglars.
Start Planning Your Complete Home Security Package
Why run the risk that dummy home security signs will deter intrusion in Manhattan when you can have a comprehensive home protection plan? Reach out to (212) 553-6589 or submit the form on this page to get started. You can choose from a range of solutions at reasonably priced rates or you can personalize your security any way you like.